Home Purchase Overview
The purchase of a home is the largest purchase most people make during their lifetime.
At Dominion Lending Centres in Grande Prairie, we want to make each and every purchaser aware of the many mortgage options available to them prior to their purchase and closing date. This home purchase overview for Grande Prairie is to give you a basic idea about the home buying process.
Now, more than ever, financial institutions are regularly launching new products and programs, making it easier to get into that new home sooner. Today, interest-only loans, self-employment programs, rental purchase programs, vacation property programs, and a host of other innovative financing alternatives are dotting the home purchase landscape, making homeownership a reality for more people than ever. But how do you find these solutions? You give your mortgage broker here in Grande Prairie a Jingle! Our mortgage brokers here at HT Mortgage group are ready to help!
Whether you are first-time buyer or an experienced buyer with excellent credit, Dominion Lending Centres has access to the very best products and rates available across Canada. Give us a call… we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised! (Or Facebook Message us, or email us – We’ve got all the contact methods!
Home Purchase Overview for Grande Prairie:
- Get a pre-approval
- Provide Income Verification to your mortgage broker
- Verify your downpayment
- Start Shopping for a Home with your Real Estate Agent
- Find a Home and Make an Offer! Give you broker at least two weeks for the financing condition.
- Send a copy of the purchase agreement to your Mortgage Broker as soon as it’s accepted!
- If your mortgage broker needs more documents, grab them!
- An appraisal of the new home, updated paystubs, a different income document – it’s possible we might need you to grab more doc’s last minute.
- Send a copy of your purchase agreement to your home insurance agent – make sure they can get you home insurance for your new home – it should take effect on the day you take possession.
- Ask your mortgage broker if they recomend any lawyers here locally in Grande Prairie, or give a couple of them a call and let them know when you’ll be taking posession of your new home. (Ask for quotes – paying for your lawyer isn’t part of downpayment!)
- Sign your mortgage committment with your mortgage broker.
- Discuss protecting your family by getting Life or disability insurance on your new home.
- Go sign the mortgage committment again – but with your lawyer.
- The hardest part – Waiting till your possession date to move-into your home!
Last Step- Have a Housewarming Party!